Free-Standing Industrial Hand Sanitizer: The Best Way To Protect Your Workforce During Covid 19
RGM Cranes has seen the tremendous requirement for contactless sanitizer dispensers in business settings where equipment and operations demand stringent hygiene measures. This is especially true of processes such as quality control handling where gloves are not worn; for example, ultra-precision workplaces where small appliances and electronic parts are examined. It’s similarly relevant in high-traffic workspaces, where disinfection is a priority. Our solution meets the health and safety guidelines set out by the World Health Organization (WHO) and other clinical associations.
Why Is Industrial Sanitization Important In Terms Of COVID-19?
Over the span that the virus has been known in the world, roughly from November 2019 up until now, there have been many rumours, myths, and misconceptions about the virus and how to manage its spread. Our group of designers endeavored to make an affordable and efficient floor-standing hand sanitizer dispenser, which follows the guidelines created by the WHO on how to maintain adequate hygiene and other measures, to curb the spread of the disease
The actual WHO guidelines for COVID-19 prevention are numerous, but those most closely linked to industrial operations are:
1. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer if you are on the move or regularly throughout the day if you don’t have immediate access to a bathroom or basin with handwash. If you are able to use handwash, make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. All these actions decrease the likelihood of you spreading any infectious agents which may be on your hands, in particular, the COVID-19 virus.
2. Try not to touch your mouth, eyes, or nose. Your hands touch many surfaces throughout the day and even if you are extremely diligent with your sanitizing regime, it poses an unnecessary danger to yourself if you keep touching your face after handling something, or after touching a surface in a common area like the staff bathrooms or kitchen. Instead carry a portable sanitizer with you and sanitize your hands after touching every different surface.
3. Try and practice social distancing to the best of your ability. This means that you should keep at least 1 meter away from other people, especially if you think you may be showing symptoms of the virus such as a dry cough, sore throat, runny nose, and tiredness. Social distancing is also important because a large part of the population is asymptomatic and may not know that they are carriers of the disease.
RGM Cranes’ Free-Standing Industrial Sanitizer Dispenser Is Purpose-Built To Make Your Life Easier
Our dispensing unit meets the high level of manufacturing standards which we have applied in our crane manufacturing for over 30 years. The industrial hand sanitizer dispenser can fit into a number of industrial workspaces efficiently.
The benefits of the touch-free sanitizer dispenser are:
- A foot-pedal mechanism which removes the need for anyone to touch the dispenser with their hands, keeping hands as disinfected as possible.
- Rawl bolt, floor-fastened dispensing-unit to make sure that there is no extra movement while in use.
- 4 ml sanitizer dispensed per pump, which is above the WHO recommended 3 ml of sanitizer.
- Ability to lock the 20-liter sanitizer bottle to prevent theft.
- Usage is simple to grasp and requires no training or prior knowledge.
- Modular design allows for different strengths of sanitizer to be used in the bottle, allowing the bottle to also be used for handwash.
- Both the floor-standing sanitizer dispenser and the sanitizer bottle can be branded with whichever client brand is requested.
The Importance of Contactless Sanitization Moving Forward
In the space of a few months, the world has gone from a place where you could freely taste, touch, smell and hear; to being a place where you can’t just touch any old surface you want; you have to stand far away from people, and you can hardly go anywhere without a mask.
Each industry is facing its own hardships in trying to adjust operations for the pandemic, in particular making sure that their workforce is not adversely affected, and people’s lives can be spared. Because the RGM sanitizer dispenser is hands-free, it decreases the risks to your employees tenfold. A simple pump of the foot regularly throughout the day as they work can give both them and your business the security you need to know that every precaution has been taken.
A German study found that alcohol-based sanitizers are effective against COVID-19 because they inactivated the virus. Although we are not experts and we also don’t want to make recommendations as to which sanitizer you should fill the dispenser with, there is some evidence that sanitizers with the following ingredients in percentages work:
The first sanitizer comprises:
- Ethanol ⎼ 80% vol/vol
- Glycerine (also known as glycerol) ⎼ 45% vol/vol
- Hydrogen Peroxide ⎼ 125% vol/vol
The second sanitizer comprises:
- Isopropanol (also known as 2-propanol or isopropyl alcohol) ⎼ 75% vol/vol
- Glycerine ⎼ 45% vol/vol
- Hydrogen Peroxide ⎼ 125% vol/vol
These two formulations were found to be the most effective against coronavirus. The concentration of ethanol and isopropanol within the sanitizer solution has to be 30% vol/vol or over for it to sufficiently inactivate COVID-19.
As you can see, for both the near and distant future, it seems as if hand sanitizers are here to stay. In South Africa, Professor Abdool Karim, a clinical infectious diseases epidemiologist noted that it may take a full 18 months before a viable COVID-19 vaccine is created. Thereafter, it still has to go through rigorous testing and then rollout to a global population of 7 billion! So, COVID-19 is still going to be here with us for a while. This means investing in a floor-based industrial hand sanitizer dispenser now is one of the best options for any business whose workforce is its lifeblood, and which doesn’t want to see that valuable human capital fall prey to infection.